Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2016/1190 of 19 July 2016 authorising the placing on the market of trans-resveratrol as a novel food ingredient under Regulation (EC) No 258/97 of the European Parliament and of the Council (notified under document C(2016) 4567)
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Regulation (EC) No 258/97 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 January 1997 concerning novel foods and novel food ingredients (1), and in particular Article 7 thereof,
HAS ADOPTED THIS DECISION:
Trans-resveratrol as specified in the Annex to this Decision may be placed on the market in the Union as a novel food ingredient to be used in food supplements in capsule or tablet form intended for adult population only with a maximum dose of 150 mg per day without prejudice to the provisions of Directive 2002/46/EC.
1. The designation of trans-resveratrol authorised by this Decision on the labelling of the foodstuffs containing it shall be ‘trans-resveratrol’.
2. The labelling of food supplements containing trans-resveratrol shall bear a statement that people using medicines should only consume the product under medical supervision.
This Decision is addressed to DSM Nutritional Products Ltd, Heanor Gate Ind. Est. Heanor, Derbyshire, United Kingdom.
Done at Brussels, 19 July 2016.
For the Commission
Member of the Commission
(1) OJ L 43, 14.2.1997, p. 1.
(2) EFSA Journal 2016;14(1):4368.
(3) Directive 2002/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 10 June 2002 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to food supplements (OJ L 183, 12.7.2002, p. 51).
SPECIFICATION OF TRANS-RESVERATROL
Description:Trans-resveratrol is off-white to beige crystals.
21.07.2016AV v European Commission, Case F-91/15
26.09.2013Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 930/2013 of 26 September 2013 establishing the standard import values for determining the entry price of certain fruit and vegetables
08.07.2009Call for proposals - The European Investment Bank proposes two new EIBURS sponsorships within its EIB-Universities Research Action
The legislative database of European documents. In European Union law, a decision is a legal instrument which is binding upon those individuals to which it is addressed. Regulations specifically means a piece of delegated legislation drafted by subject matter experts to enforce a statutory instrument.